Giggle Gang!!! Irene has been on a world tour but we’re still getting another episode of FSG greatness in for ya!
Here we go…
- Cam Newton put his foot in his mouth and started a national debate on using the word “female” when referring to women.
- Bethany Frankel, widely known as one of the Housewives of New York & founder of Skinny Girl cocktails is putting her money where her heart is … and personally helping the people of Puerto Rico.
- Black-ish remains one of the most relevant shows on TV, flawlessly educating and entertaining about real issues. This season has taken on both Juneteenth (by way of Columbus Day and Slavery) as well as postpartum depression.
- Nelly has clearly made some unwise decisions… and consequently, is facing rape allegations. This is really less about Nelly than it is about supporting victims of sexual abuse.
- Jemele Hill has been suspended by ESPN for what feels like “not shutting up when told to.” We discuss Jemele’s comments and the message ESPN is sending in its reaction.
- BET’s Hip-Hop Awards took place in Miami this year and it was LIT! Eminem’s cypher was way more than we (and probably anyone) expected. However, it also highlights an interesting intersection of vocal advocates of the struggles for black Americans…and the mixture of feelings and responses it stirs up.
In the spirit of the 305 and FAMU Homecoming 2017, Irene has a classic straight from the “crib” in her Beats this week!
That’s all for now, but we’ll back with more next week.
Listen – Laugh – Share,
Irene & Shells