Good People!! Welcome Back to another dope edition of FSGPodcast!
Since last week, it actually started feeling like December in Chicagoland… brrrr! And there is cause for celebration cause Shells found a new hair stylist!! Meanwhile, Irene has been chilling for the most part… but is relishing in excitement and anticipation of a milestone in her Sneaker Game.
We love the show This Is Us and one of its’ most compelling story lines has inspired this week’s would you rather question. Let us know your preference @FSGPodcast #FSGWYR
Before we get into the water cooler, one of loyal listeners and Shells’ long time friend, Lamar, gave us a call to share a male perspective about our Insecure episode! You too could have a cameo on the podcast… but you have to talk back (202) 780-5FSG!
Then to the water cooler …
- There’s J. Cole’s new record “False Prophets” that is causing a little controversy;
- A mistrial was declared for Michael Slager, the South Carolina police officer who shot and killed unarmed and fleeing Walter Scott in 2015;
- The Obama administration has stopped the progress of the Dakota Access Pipeline. It’s a major, but fragile, victory for the Native Americans of Standing Rock Reservation fighting for their sacred lands;
- Apparently, Apple and Samsung are the new age East Coast/ West Coast battle.
- Then, there’s the Grammy nominations!!!! The BeyHive is bubbling with pride, with Bey having 9 noms for Lemonade; and we’re so proud of Chance the Rapper, the independent artist who didn’t sell his album, but earned 7 nominations, including best new artist.
Then we wrap this show up, with a little bit of a throwback in grown up music in Irene’s Beats… and Shells Eye Spy is about running with your $10 idea and doing so in a way that is authentic … even if it’s unconventional.
That’s all for now… we love y’all! Keep coming back!!
Listen – Laugh – Share!
Irene & Shells
(Recorded November 7, 2016)