Hey Good People! We both enjoyed Thanksgiving with the loved ones and can’t believe that the countdown to Christmas is here. 2016 is flying by..and here we are, another week kicking with ya’ll! 🙂
This week, Would You Rather returns… in all it’s glorious ridiculousness!! So, if you had to have lots of muscles, would you rather them be upper body or lower body? #FSGWYR We have a feeling this will go down gender lines…lol.
Then we stroll on over to the water cooler, where we find:
- Fidel Castro passed away and the public responses were conflicting;
- A deadly plane crash in Colombia claimed the lives of 71 Brazilian soccer players;
- BET continues to get back to being the best in Black entertainment with the Soul Train Awards;
- There’s a few reasons to celebrate this week… if you’re looking for one..Rosa Parks Day on Dec 1st, Special Education Day on Dec 2nd, National Roof Over Your Head Day on Dec 3rd, and National Cookie and National Dice Day on Dec 4th;
- And there’s a brutal list of the top 10 worst voices in R&B… Irene gives her reaction.
Then, we talk about the full season of Insecure. There are so many layers to this down-to-earth, relatable, honest exploration of the flawed reality of Issa in her love life, friendships, and career. We talk about the themes of Season 1, the conversations that have been sparked as a result of Issa’s brilliant story telling, and the banger of a season finale!
Then we wrap it up as usual… with some dope music from Insecure in Irene’s Beats…and an Eye Spy Inspiration that also relates to what Insecure taught us this season!
We had fun with this episode and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!!
That’s all for now.. but we’ll be back…as usual.. next week!
Listen – Laugh – Share!
Irene & Shells
(Recorded November 30, 2016)