Hey Good People! We hope that you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving with loved ones!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming… 🙂
Since we saw you all last time, Shells has had some highs and lows this week. Meanwhile, Irene actually had a chill week.
Since we were getting ready for Thanksgiving during this recording…we hopped right into our water cooler chatter! We’re talking about
- Martha & Snoop Potluck Dinner Party on VH1. It is just as awkward as you’d expect…but oddly entertaining and informative.
- President Obama awarded his last Presidential Medals of Freedom. There were 21 recipients this year, including Michael Jordan, Cicely Tyson, Bill & Melinda Gates, and our girl Ellen DeGeneres.
- And speaking of President Obama, the BET Presents honoring the Obamas was the blackest night in the White House and it was wonderful to see this historic, beautiful, and powerful couple celebrated and seranaded.
- Post-election SNL with Dave Chapelle and A Tribe Called Quest was EVERYTHING!! It’s good to see Dave back on stage and clearly, his hiatus hasn’t hurt his gift. And the Tribe will always be one of Hiphop’s jewels.
- We have to say a word about the ridiculousness that is the “boycotting” of Hamilton because of the very real and calculated statement made to VP-Elect Mike Pence during a recent show.
- And then, there is everything that Kanye has done over the last 2 weeks. Honestly, this is a softer, kinder response to Kanye than anticipated…but we recognize that mental health is a very serious and very real challenge… especially in the black community. With that said, we send our best wishes to Kanye and his family as he gets treated.
Finally, this week’s eye spy inspiration is about tying up all the loose ends of 2016 before we get caught up in the new year resolutions for 2017. Set yourself up for next year’s success by spending the rest of this year getting complete.
That’s all for now, we’ll be back next week with more!