Hey, Good People. It’s a new week and and a new episode…
Shells has been busy, cheering on the Cubs, participating in the PTA, and planning Cole’s upcoming birthday celebration! Meanwhile, Irene is actually chillin’ and living low key for a hot second…and apparently, it’s also pretty chilly in the DMV.
Now to the water cooler, there’s a lot going on:
- Beanie Seigel and Charlemagne had a tense exchange on The Breakfast Club … and a new pocket clap back has been born.
- Black-ish’s new season is not disappointing at all…but why can’t Shells catch the current episodes On Demand?
- The deadline to register to vote in FL been extended another week to allow those who may have been displaced during Hurricane Matthew an opportunity to get back and handle their business;
- Hurricane Matthew devastated Haiti and caused major damages along the East Coast of the United States. We send our prayers and condolences to all those recovering from the storm, particularly the families of those who lost loved ones.
- Colin Kaepernick is making a return to the starting position of the SF 49ers. Despite all the controversy, Kaepernick is back to work…on the field.
- President Obama will be a guest editor for the November issue of Wired Magazine… just another display of his timeless coolness;
- During our recording, news was breaking about Tommy Ford, most notably known from his role in Martin. At the time, we knew he was hospitalized and fighting for his life from a reported abdominal aneurism. Since then, Tommy Ford has passed away. We offer our condolences to his wife, family, and friends. #RIPTommy
- As if the craziness couldn’t get any crazier, Donald Trump is out here grabbing p***y, on the record. Meanwhile, Billy Bush (formerly of Access Hollywood and presently on the 3rd hour of Today), has been suspended indefinitely because of his comments on the leaked tape.
Then we spend a few frustrated moments talking about the most recent presidential debate (if we can even call it that) … can the whole damn thing be over, yet?? Finally, we end the show with some Not Nice in Irene’s Beats and a quote from Alice in Wonderland as Shell’s Eye Spy Inspiration!
That’s all for this week… we’ll be back for more FSG shenanigans next week. Until then, Listen – Laugh – Share!
Irene & Shells
(recorded October 12, 2016)