Hey Hey, Good People! Here we are again!
Since last week, Irene has been chilling and Shells is trying to get her mind right for Cole’s first day of kindergarten.
Around the water cooler, we discuss:
- The conclusion of the 2016 Olympics, including the impressive USA medal count; and the Nigerian rower who defied the odds!
- Eating maggots from a dead sheep on Running Wild with Bear Grylls ;
- The truth has set Lyin’ Ass Lochte free…of integrity, sponsorship, and probably his career;
- Frank Ocean dropped his highly anticipated album *insert Irene’s sarcasm and side eye*;
- Lonnie Ali, the widow of Muhammad Ali, has launched Ali75, a campaign to bring out the Ali in all of us!
Then we get into a would you rather that (not surprisingly) take us off our conversational course…Would you rather have a fully automated house (like in “The Black Annie”) or a self-driving (and totally safe) car? #FSGWYR
And Shells shares the #LiveAlotFSG tip this week! Don’t underestimate the power of a mini-getaway…a night at a hotel in a city near you!
Then we share our initial thoughts and reactions to the Nate Parker story. This is an extremely complex story and information regarding the 15+ year old legal case continues to be revealed, as well as the implications to Parker’s career.
Finally, we get into Irene’s Beats… which apparently is her theme song and is probably a bit inappropriate following our Let’s Talk About it… buuuutttt, this is FSG.
…And that’s all for this week. Because, we’ve done enough. lol.
Listen – Laugh – Share…
Irene & Shells
(recorded August 23, 2016)