Hey Good People!
We’re back at it! This week, Shells learned that she is experiencing mild mommy anxiety as Cole grows up and has new experiences…and Irene is in the final countdown to her personal Formation experience.
Since our scheduling has been a little off, we’re getting right into all of the things we haven’t had a chance to talk about it:
- Ellen has found herself is little trouble thanks to a segment we like to call “When Jokes Go Bad.”
- The glaring and disgusting disparity in the justice system has been highlighted by the recent sentencing of a California rapist who happened to be a Stanford student and scholarship athlete.
- Summer music festivals are kicking off and the NBA finals might be LIT!
- Politically, it’s officially Hillary and Trump. #welp
- In TV, we discuss Roots and whether it’s helpful or hurtful to have these slave narratives told so often…and the highs, lows, and “huh?’s” from the Bobby Brown interview
- We acknowledge the passing, life and legacy of the G.O.A.T: Muhammed Ali
- Since we missed it, we have to mention the Three Year Old in Harambe’s cage. SMH
This week, Would You Rather have your mind function as an iPod so you could play any music just by thinking about it or be able to play your dreams on the TV? #FSGWYR
As we wrap this show up, Irene is excited that June is Black Music Month! This week, new comer, Yuna is in her Beats! Finally, eye spy inspiration is compliments of Muhammed Ali! He was filled with integrity, determination, and perseverance and he was masterful with his one-liners. May he rest in peace and continue to inspire us all.
We’ll see ya next time! Until, then, continue to listen – laugh – share!
Irene & Shells
(recorded June 9, 2016)