New Week – New Shenanigans! Shells is getting ready for a Hawaiian getaway to celebrate our beloved friend and LS, Mary; and Irene’s trip to New Orleans was super epic, as expected! Believe it or not, FSG is official one year in the podcast game! So thanks for coming back week after week for our antics!
This week’s “Would You Rather” contemplation: Would you rather have a pet stark or a pet lion? (these things are ridiculous, lol) We NEED to know… #FSGWYR @FSGPodcast
Here’s what happening around the water cooler:
• Basketball was super lit last week: Villanova upset Duke, and the UConn women’s team & Breanna Stewart are beasting – 4 years strong;
• Equal pay rights: The US Women’s Soccer team isn’t exempt from wage discrimination and is holding U.S Soccer accountable;
• Black Girls’ Rocks: The 2016 show was super dope, but did we really need the Clinton cameo?
• Primetime TV: It’s safe to say that ACS: The People v. OJ Simpson was a major success, and everyone is talking about Underground for good reason!
• Weed & Rosco’s: Whoopi Goldberg is launching a line of medical marijuana products to combat menstrual pain; and despite all of the chicken and waffles consumed at Rosco’s, the parent company has filed for bankruptcy.
Then we talk about it! This week’s “it” is the fine line walked when black culture in used for marketing, advertisement, and branding. Is this stuff racist, stereotyping, and offensive… or are we just hyper sensitive?
Finally, we end the show with music from Irene’s baby daddy (aka: Mack Wilds), and a reminder that we all make mistakes and often desire … and deserve… forgiveness.
See ya’ll next week!
Irene & Shells
(recorded April 9, 2016)