Aannnndddd we’re back! Shells is a little concerned that her hair looks too much like a white woman who’s trying to look like a black woman. Thanks, Rachel. Irene maximized 36 hours in Brooklyn and Harlem this weekend…her typical summer shenanigans.
We are a bit sad that Ellen’s Biggest Summer Ever of new episodes is over…but Irene is now stalking her on IG. So there’s comfort in that and the ongoing commitment to preparing for the #IreneEllenDanceBattle.
In this week’s Would You Rather, we debate where when we’d want the world to celebrate us. So, would you rather have no one show up to your wedding or your funeral? Let us know what you would rather: @FSGPodcast #FSGWYR
This week’s Water Cooler News included:
- Charleston, SC Massacre where a white supremacist & American terrorist murdered nine people at Emanuel AME Church. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the city of Charleston.
- The US Women’s Soccer Team continues to progress through the Women’s World Cup. We are very proud that the home team continues to do so well.
- Lebron (and the Cleveland Cavaliers) lost the 2015 NBA Finals to the Golden State Warriors…and Irene is pleased (#petty).
- AT&T has been fined $100 million for falsely representing “unlimited” data plans. Apparently, you can use as much data as you want…but it’ll cost ya!
- Add Donald Trump to the list of 2016 presidential candidates.
- Believe it or not, Love & Basketball recently celebrated their 15th Anniversary.
- Killer Mike announced he was going to run for state representative… and he was…for a hot second!
This week’s Plug of the Week is Dungeon Forward.
Dungeon- An expressive term that figuratively describes the uncut penetration into the mind of the urban dweller. Forward- The second portion of the compound name utilized to describe the fashionable portrayal of the life and times of the urban inhabitant.
Dungeon Forward is the infusion of music art and street culture into a premium brand of apparel. DF strives to represent the popular culture within eclectic and artistic industries while also tapping into the unsung niche markets. Shells already found a shirt that Irene’s gonna LOVE!
Check them out: http://dungeonforward.com/ or on social media @dungeonforward .
This week, we’re taking it easy in our Let’s Talk About It segment… The truth is, one of our favorite ways to kill time and discover who we really are as people is to take Buzzfeed quizzes. So we chop it up about a few of our favs.
Black Music Month continues and Irene’s Beats are blessed with her all time favorite artist, affectionately known as the King of Pop. And given the gravity of the Charleston tragedy, this week’s eye spy inspiration is pretty simple.