Iyanla Ain’t Fixing Sh*t
Giggle Gang! We’re back at it… with another episode of FSGPodast!
While we were away, Shells hosted another successful birthday celebration for Coley-Cole and got to spend some much needed QT with her mommy. Irene is out here living the dream during HBCU Homecoming Season – with personal appearances during the celebration of our Alma Mater, FAMU, and DC’s Howard University.
Would You Rather takes the usual turn for the stupid, but let us know your position (#FSGWYR).
Now, let’s jump right in! We’re talking about…
- The insane claim from Kendu to get EVEN MORE spousal support from Mary J;
- Justin Timberlake performing at the Super Bowl and the many ways it’s not a good look;
- Trying to wrap our heads around the benefit (or risks) of including girls in the Boys Scouts;
- Oprah popped up on 60 Minutes and delighted us with her journalistic skill and story of solitary confinement in our country’s prison system;
- Then we debate whether Iyanla is really fixing lives or just outchea bullying people.
We wrap this one up with some Mary J Blige in Irene Beat’s and an Eye Spy Inspiration that’s about stripping away labels and embracing life for what it is.
That’s all for this week… but remember to Listen – Laugh – Share…and get your FSG Classic Tee!
Irene & Shells
Watch What You Say
Giggle Gang!!! Irene has been on a world tour but we’re still getting another episode of FSG greatness in for ya!
Here we go…
- Cam Newton put his foot in his mouth and started a national debate on using the word “female” when referring to women.
- Bethany Frankel, widely known as one of the Housewives of New York & founder of Skinny Girl cocktails is putting her money where her heart is … and personally helping the people of Puerto Rico.
- Black-ish remains one of the most relevant shows on TV, flawlessly educating and entertaining about real issues. This season has taken on both Juneteenth (by way of Columbus Day and Slavery) as well as postpartum depression.
- Nelly has clearly made some unwise decisions… and consequently, is facing rape allegations. This is really less about Nelly than it is about supporting victims of sexual abuse.
- Jemele Hill has been suspended by ESPN for what feels like “not shutting up when told to.” We discuss Jemele’s comments and the message ESPN is sending in its reaction.
- BET’s Hip-Hop Awards took place in Miami this year and it was LIT! Eminem’s cypher was way more than we (and probably anyone) expected. However, it also highlights an interesting intersection of vocal advocates of the struggles for black Americans…and the mixture of feelings and responses it stirs up.
In the spirit of the 305 and FAMU Homecoming 2017, Irene has a classic straight from the “crib” in her Beats this week!
That’s all for now, but we’ll back with more next week.
Listen – Laugh – Share,
Irene & Shells
Say Bless You!
What’s Up, Giggle Gang!! After a short break, we are back with another episode of FSGPodcast.
We recorded this show in our “Quiet Storm” voices, skipped over all the extra, and spent all of our time catching up on the big news from the last couple of weeks…
Irene sprinkled her “Cool” on LA and has a PSA for basic human interactions. Kevin Hart’s drama has us slightly annoyed and a bit jaded; Our hearts go out to the victims of the horrific Vegas shootings and the utter complacency of our country to address gun control; New Jersey Gov. Christie made an appropriate announcement (for once); the Kardashian are still Kardashianing (and Irene is still annoyed AF); Cardi B is making her place in history by reigning atop the music charts with her break out hit- Bodak Yellow; We honor Thurgood Marshall’s historical appointment to the Supreme Court; And the young Houston Texans QB, Deshaun Watson, is setting the example for philanthropy and kindness; and we’re embracing the onset of fall with one of our favorite TV shows: This is Us.
Y’all stay safe, prayed up, and cherish every moment of love and light and joy.
We’ll be back next week with more FSG!
Listen – Laugh – Share,
Irene & Shell’s
(Recorded October 2, 2017)
Welcome to the For Shits & Giggles Podcast!
Welcome to FSGPodcast!!!
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015