Ep81: 2016, Out
It’s our Christmas gift to you, Good People…our last episode of 2016! We are grateful for this year in FSG and for you, The Giggle Gang!
We have a holiday inspired Would You Rather, we talk about the things that can be left in 2016, Irene has a Holiday CLASSIC in her Beats, and Shells’ final Eye Spy Inspiration is about reflection, resolutions, and pivoting from this year to the next!
We love ya’ll! Hope that you are enjoying your holiday and we wish you a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year. See ya’ll in 2017.
FSGPodcast – 2016…. We, out!
Irene & Shells
(Recorded December 20, 2016)
EP80: Ye’s the New Chris Brown
What up Good People!! Shells is (finally) bracing herself for some frigid Midwest weather this week and Irene (finally) got her hands on her dream Jordans… and managed to stumble upon a come-up in the process…of course!
Now, let’s get into the show!
We send our condolences to the family of Alan Thicke, who passed away of a heart attack earlier this week.
One of Irene’s fave guilty pleasures, Love and Hip Hop NY, continues to tickle her ratchet entertainment fancy;
Golden Globe nominations were announced! It’s a good mix of entertainment and talent and we are so proud of: Moonlight (with 6 nominations), This is Us, Atlanta, Black’ish, Veep and Insecure, for earning spots!
Gabrielle Union posted a tweet against sexist remarks this week and we discuss whether it was a valid point;
And The Voice crowned its newest winner!
Then, with heavy hearts, we spend some time discussing and reviewing the downward spiral Kanye West has been on for all of 2016. Ye and Trump are “buddies” and it’s clear that he’s committed to becoming a public figure of instability!
Finally, and because we miss the old Kanye, Irene is dedicating her #WIMB to him. And Eye Spy inspiration is all about manifesting what you want in your life!
That’s all for now!
See ya next week!
Listen -Laugh – Share
Irene and Shells
(Recorded December 14, 2016)
EP79: No Green Bubbles
Good People!! Welcome Back to another dope edition of FSGPodcast!
Since last week, it actually started feeling like December in Chicagoland… brrrr! And there is cause for celebration cause Shells found a new hair stylist!! Meanwhile, Irene has been chilling for the most part… but is relishing in excitement and anticipation of a milestone in her Sneaker Game.
We love the show This Is Us and one of its’ most compelling story lines has inspired this week’s would you rather question. Let us know your preference @FSGPodcast #FSGWYR
Before we get into the water cooler, one of loyal listeners and Shells’ long time friend, Lamar, gave us a call to share a male perspective about our Insecure episode! You too could have a cameo on the podcast… but you have to talk back (202) 780-5FSG!
Then to the water cooler …
- There’s J. Cole’s new record “False Prophets” that is causing a little controversy;
- A mistrial was declared for Michael Slager, the South Carolina police officer who shot and killed unarmed and fleeing Walter Scott in 2015;
- The Obama administration has stopped the progress of the Dakota Access Pipeline. It’s a major, but fragile, victory for the Native Americans of Standing Rock Reservation fighting for their sacred lands;
- Apparently, Apple and Samsung are the new age East Coast/ West Coast battle.
- Then, there’s the Grammy nominations!!!! The BeyHive is bubbling with pride, with Bey having 9 noms for Lemonade; and we’re so proud of Chance the Rapper, the independent artist who didn’t sell his album, but earned 7 nominations, including best new artist.
Then we wrap this show up, with a little bit of a throwback in grown up music in Irene’s Beats… and Shells Eye Spy is about running with your $10 idea and doing so in a way that is authentic … even if it’s unconventional.
That’s all for now… we love y’all! Keep coming back!!
Listen – Laugh – Share!
Irene & Shells
(Recorded November 7, 2016)
Ep78: Totally I N S E C U R E
Hey Good People! We both enjoyed Thanksgiving with the loved ones and can’t believe that the countdown to Christmas is here. 2016 is flying by..and here we are, another week kicking with ya’ll! 🙂
This week, Would You Rather returns… in all it’s glorious ridiculousness!! So, if you had to have lots of muscles, would you rather them be upper body or lower body? #FSGWYR We have a feeling this will go down gender lines…lol.
Then we stroll on over to the water cooler, where we find:
- Fidel Castro passed away and the public responses were conflicting;
- A deadly plane crash in Colombia claimed the lives of 71 Brazilian soccer players;
- BET continues to get back to being the best in Black entertainment with the Soul Train Awards;
- There’s a few reasons to celebrate this week… if you’re looking for one..Rosa Parks Day on Dec 1st, Special Education Day on Dec 2nd, National Roof Over Your Head Day on Dec 3rd, and National Cookie and National Dice Day on Dec 4th;
- And there’s a brutal list of the top 10 worst voices in R&B… Irene gives her reaction.
Then, we talk about the full season of Insecure. There are so many layers to this down-to-earth, relatable, honest exploration of the flawed reality of Issa in her love life, friendships, and career. We talk about the themes of Season 1, the conversations that have been sparked as a result of Issa’s brilliant story telling, and the banger of a season finale!
Then we wrap it up as usual… with some dope music from Insecure in Irene’s Beats…and an Eye Spy Inspiration that also relates to what Insecure taught us this season!
We had fun with this episode and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!!
That’s all for now.. but we’ll be back…as usual.. next week!
Listen – Laugh – Share!
Irene & Shells
(Recorded November 30, 2016)
Welcome to the For Shits & Giggles Podcast!
Welcome to FSGPodcast!!!
- August 2019
- June 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
FSG on Facebook
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.